Who you are:
We are seeking a Certified Red Seal Millwright to join our client’s Maintenance Team within the Food industry. In this role, you will be responsible for machinery and equipment installation, layout, preventative, and continuing maintenance. As a key member of the team, you will ensure that all machinery functions correctly and that our client’s facility complies with all safety and operational requirements.
This is a full-time position, and the successful candidate should possess a team player mindset while being capable of working independently with minimal supervision. The role requires a high level of mechanical skill, maturity and communication skills.
This is a straight graveyard shift opportunity, while being eligible for an additional $1.50/hr premium and additional compensation dependent on additional certifications
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the layout and placement of machines within our facility.
- Install, align, dismantle, and relocate stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans, utilizing hand and power tools.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to ensure proper machine placement and readiness for installation.
- Assemble and install machines using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Conduct tests to verify the proper functioning of newly installed machines, including leveling, calibrating, and lubricating as necessary.
- Disassemble and remove older machines or relocate and reassemble them within the plant to accommodate new equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical/electronic equipment, including identifying issues, running tests, ordering and installing parts, and making temporary repairs when required.
- Establish and oversee a regular preventative maintenance schedule.
- Inspect machines to identify and address potential issues, replace worn parts, adjust and re-calibrations, lubricate components, and maintain up-to-date maintenance logs.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts needed for machinery overhaul, maintenance, or setup.
If you are a ticketed millwright searching for a strong team to join, apply today!
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Red Seal Certification for Millwright or Industrial Mechanic.
- 4th Class Power Engineer certification or willingness to obtain one is considered an asset.
- Experience with production/line machines and high-speed packaging is essential.
- Line maintenance experience within a food and beverage production environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.