Our client, a renowned company within the chemical manufacturing industry, is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to lead HSE-related operations at their plant in Southern Quebec.
You will be responsible for leading all tasks related to Health & Safety objectives and initiatives at the plant-level while fostering a positive working culture.
This is a full-time role, where you will be provided a generous salary package including benefits and bonus. Fluency in both written and spoken French and English language is a must.
What You’ll do
-Is jointly responsible with the factory management committee for the strategic health and safety development plan at the factory.
-Advises management and service directors on HSE objectives, orientations, action plans and training.
-Promotes prevention activities. Identifies, evaluates and controls risks in different sectors of activity. Develops policies and procedures to manage risks effectively.
-Ensures compliance with corporate policies and provincial and federal regulations relating to health and safety at work.
-Establishes, in collaboration with management, HSE performance indicators and ensures the required follow-ups.
-Responsible for putting in place initiatives to continue establishing a culture in Health & Safety.
Must ensure that incidents/accidents are investigated, causes identified and corrective action taken.
– More than 5 years of industrial experience in occupational health and safety management, preferably in the chemical manufacturing sector or a related sector.
– Academic training in the field of health and safety would be an asset.
– Work experience in Quebec and excellent knowledge of HS laws, standards and regulations at both the provincial and federal levels .
– Knowledge of GSP, risk analysis (HAZAN), task safety analysis.
– Knowledge of methods for analyzing the root causes of accidents.
– Leadership, rigor and professionalism.
– Excellent command of the French language.
– Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.